Energy Services Project Consultant
As an Energy Services Project Consultant your main job consists of initiating, developing and managing Energy Services Projects, primarily as a facilitator for our public and private customers who own and manage large public or tertiary buildings (governments, cities & municipalities, hospitals, schools and universities, large enterprises, (industrial) SMEs).
Energy Services Projects are a powerful way of realising Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy based renovations of single buildings or multiple building stocks. Most of the time they use the Energy Performance Contract (EPC) model, involving an Energy Services Company (ESCO) for project design, implementation and operations.
You coordinate and streamline the project delivery, working closely with customers and ESCOs. This may also involve coordinating with partners and subcontractors (e.g. auditors, legal advisors, engineering companies, etc.). Your focus will continuously be on the performance based capabilities of the project delivery.
Your project tasks will include:
- Providing support in the commercial and project planning phase,
- Managing the timely project delivery and respect of budgets,
- Identifying energy savings and investment potential (or coordinating other technical consultants that do so),
- Providing support to financial feasibility studies,
- Adapting performance based tender documents to match project requirements, validating project requirements and service level agreements,
- Managing the competitive tendering process from A to Z (incl. review of offers, negotiation with candidates, managing the award process and contract finalisation),
- Overseeing project implementation and following-up the real performance versus the contractually agreed).
You are focused on timely project delivery, quality throughout the process and customer satisfaction.
In addition, you will:
- Participate in European, national or regional innovation and R&D projects (e.g. Horizon2020, Innoviris Living Labs, Flux50), focused around innovative energy services, performance-based contracting and innovative third party financing solutions.
- Assist in project proposal and manage work packages and tasks, in close collaboration with other Energinvest consultants and national and international partners.
Your focus will be on creative development of new concepts with future business potential and timely (co)development of quality deliverables.
Depending on your technical and building- or energy related skills, you may occasionally assist with- or perform energy audits, energy quick scans or technical « condition based » inventories.
You provide customer trainings and occasionally represent Energinvest at internal or external national or regional seminars, workshops or webinars, while seizing opportunities for new business for the company.
You report directly to a Senior Partner of the Management Team
You work frequently and closely together with the Senior Partners, other consultants, free lancers, subcontractors, customer project teams, ESCOs and contractors.
Your office location is the Brussels Region (today: Schaarbeek).
We also provide the possibility of teleworking (typically 1 day/week).
Job Skills & Qualifications
- You have a master’s degree in engineering or business engineering or equivalent by experience.
- You have a reasonable to good know-how of building environments and technical installations (HVAC, lighting,…) and/or you are motivated to take some extra courses, incl. certification, in this area.
- You have a reasonable to good know-how of the energy sector, the climate change issues and energy efficiency in building solutions
- You have a driver’s licence B.
- You are proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Specific IT skills are an advantage.
- You are sensitive to the climate challenges and highly motivated to be part of the solution.
- You are enthusiastic about or driven by sustainability and energy efficiency.
- You are a believer in performance-based contract models, based on results and performance indicators.
- Relatively complex projects, involving many stakeholders, motivate you.
- You like developing and sharing your technical and project skills with customers.
- You can challenge and manage subcontractors and external stakeholders.
- You learn from your mistakes and help others to avoid making them.
- You excel in project management and administration.
- You are open to learn about (Cloud-based) programs supporting your project delivery role.
- You are creative and take initiative.
- You can work very independently, while being a true team player.
- You have good psychological and change management skills.
- You are a good communicator, both verbally and written.
- You have basic commercial flair and strategic insight.
- You are good to very good trilingual (both written and spoken) in Dutch, French and English.
What we offer?
- An exciting and challenging job in an agile consultancy company that continues to be an innovative player and pioneering leader in the Energy Services sector in Belgium and Europe.
- Be part of an enthusiastic team in a domain that « matters » from a societal point of view.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence.
- A quick start in on-going and new projects.
- A chance to work with and learn from some of the best experts in the sector.
- A chance to develop a good network in the energy services sector.
- A contract for indefinite duration.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Growth opportunities.
How to apply?
Send your CV and motivation letter to Lieven Vanstraelen, Senior Partner & Owner at email@example.com. In addition, he accepts video CVs. For more information on this job offering, you can reach him at +32 495 551 559.