MissionStrategic and financial study
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) Nice Côte d'Azur engaged in November 2009 into a specific reflection on the feasibility of establishing an Energy Service Company (ESCO) to fund and realize energy efficiency projects within local SMEs active in its territory. The main drivers for this initiative where:
- A specific strain on electricity supply, in particular in the summer season, due to limitations in the capacity of the regional transport network.
- The willingness to improve competitiveness of local SME’s.
- The contribution to national and regional action plans against climate change and the sustainable energy transition.
Role and Achievements
Energinvest has been in charge of the study. The objective of the mission was to support the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) Nice Côte d'Azur in the definition of a portfolio of projects in energy efficiency, structuring and calculating the associated business plan and looking for strategic partners to create a local public-private ESCO. The mission has lead to the creation of a facilitating ESCO service (Eco’Energies) within the CCI using the EPC methodology to provide energy efficiency to SME’s within its regional area.
- Strategic workshop to evaluate possible business models.
- Comprehensive market analysis of the regional SME market, based on a segmentation in 6 key sectors, completed by telephone interviews to assess specific barriers and interests.
- Audit of 15 buildings to complete market data with real buildings and energy savings data.
- Development of a business model and business plan, using the results of the previous deliverables as key inputs.
- Strategic recommendations taking into account the economic and financial objectives of the CCI Nice Côte d’Azur.
- Assistance to the facilitating ESCO service set-up.