ESCO4OV is a pilot project funded by the Flemish Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen (VLAIO) and carried out by POM Oost-Vlaanderen to stimulate energy efficiency in Small and Medium Sized companies in Flanders. The project involved a large-scale program for developing EPC projects for SME’s. It included the knowledge build up, customer acquisition, auditing of customer sites, ESCO proposal evaluation, ESCO contract development and negotiation and project follow-up. The project involved in the final phase 10 industrial and commercial SMEs with whom EPC contracts where evaluated or implemented, in the construction sector, food processing sector and mechanics sector.
Role and Achievements
Energinvest was in charge of the project management and follow-up from first contacts to contract closure. We audited the sites, evaluated ESCO offers and led the ESCO contract negotiations. We will assure the follow-up and Measurement & Verification of the individual projects. We organized masterclasses on EPC and financial aspects, for customers, ESCOs, project partners and stakeholders. We organized strategic workshops for customers, ESCOs, project partners and stakeholders. At date, a first EPC contract has been signed with Gedimat De Groote for their new building in the port of Ghent.
- Development of a comprehensive set of technical, operational and financial tools for ESCO project development and implementation.
- Development of a standard EPC contract and procurement process.
- Customer acquisition process management, including organization of training and masterclasses.
- Audit of buildings to complete market data with real buildings and energy savings data.
- EPC draft project feasibility technical and financial assessment.
- EPC contract facilitation including ESCO proposal evaluation, negotiation and project implementation follow-up.
- Measure and Verification of the contract implementation.