Full EPC facilitation for a pool of 13 federal public buildings, using the Smart EPC methodology. The buildings are the private property of the SICAFI Fedimmo and are occupied by the Federal Public Services of Finance and Justice, the Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain, Beliris and the Belgian Buildings Agency.
Role and Achievements
Energinvest was in charge of the full project management and process development. The project involved 5 ESCO candidates and 3 final offers. The project led to the successful tender and award to one of the leading Belgian ESCOs. It led to the development of the innovative SmartEPC methodology, being used in various Belgian EPC projects. For the customer (Federal Public Services), the project resulted in a 31% guaranteed energy savings with a positive budgetary impact on the total cost of occupancy (-2,7%) within the contract term.
- Development and validation of the “intracting” legal framework between the Belgian Buildings Agency (buildings manager and third part investor), the property owner (Fedimmo) and the occupiers (Federal Public Services).
- Development of a standardized EPC public procurement contract and methodology adapted to the context of multi-tenant and owner-tenant split incentives (Smart EPC).
- Facilitation of the project, including:
- Technical inventory of the buildings.
- Investment grade audits.
- Financial analysis and modelling.
- EPC project drafting and planning.
- EPC procurement assistance.
- EPC contract implementation and follow-up