In 2008, the Belgian Federal Minister of Energy, Paul Magnette organized a national stakeholder consultation called the “Printemps de l’Environnement/Lente van het Milieu”, aiming at advising the government in the development of a national climate plan. The consultation led to the adoption of several policy measures amongst which, under the workgroup « ESCO/TPF Mechanisms », the creation of the Knowledgecenter, a national competence center for Energy Services and Third Partly Financing under the authority of Fedesco, the Federal Energy Services Company.
Role and Achievements
Energinvest has been the partner and subcontractor of the Fedesco Knowledgecenter, that offers EPC/EPPP/TPF consulting and facilitation services to local public authorities. In this context, Energinvest successfully conducted assignments for clients such as the City of Ostend, the City of Ghent, the City of Antwerp, the City of Ypres, the Municipality of Etterbeek, the Province of Brabant Walloon, the Brussels public transport company (STIB), the Flemish public transport company (De Lijn), Igretec (Public ESCO) and Infrax (Public ESCO).
- EPC project assessment and facilitation (City of Ostend, Province of Brabant Walloon, Sports Park Les Trois Tilleuls)
- Master plan in Energy Efficiency and Renewable energy (STIB, De Lijn, City of Ghent)
- Public ESCO services development assistance (Igretec, Infrax, City of Antwerp)
- Strategic workshops/studies (City of Ypres, City of Etterbeek, and others)
- Energy Monitoring and bookkeeping assistance (STIB)
Smart Energy Performance Contracting
Smart Innovative Financing Program